We went to see the vet. She assessed him and explained that she didn't know what was going on, but Ripley is indeed quite sick. She recommended a full blood work-up, subcutaneous fluids, and injections of antibiotics, Pepcid, and Zofran. Additionally, she shaved the areas on his back where the sores are so we could put a powder on them once a day. She explained that many things can be causing these symptoms in Ripley, and we won't know for sure what's going on until the blood tests come back on Monday. She assured me she'd call as soon as she had the results.
I took Ripley home and asked Ian to stay with him while I went to the grocery store to pick some things up for him. The vet suggested we try to feed him boiled chicken and rice, and if he won't eat that, then baby food. Once I returned home, I tried to coax him to eat, but he wouldn't. I am so worried.
Please keep my sweet boy in your thoughts. Waiting for the results is going to be so hard.