Now, my ASUS does get hot, just not as hot as my previous computer. At times, when I am using my laptop for long periods of time, it gets so hot that it just shuts itself off. Not good. Determined not to lose another laptop to my mistake of allowing the computer to constantly overheat, I started to research products that would keep my laptop cool. It was around this time that ThermaPAK offered to send me one of their HeatShift Cooling Pads to try.
ThermaPAK's patented HeatShift Technology™ is the culmination of nearly a decade in researching thermal dynamics. At the core of HeatShift Technology™ is a unique blend of phase changing material (PCM) created by our research and development engineers. This formula has proved successful in cooling laptops up to 6°C (11°F), with the following benefits:
- Requires No Refrigeration
- Requires No Laptop Power (which extends battery life)
- Mobile and easy to carry (approved for airport security)
- Can be used for notebooks of all brands sizes
- Performance comparable to USB fans
How It Works
A device that transfers heat by conduction AND convection provides the maximum amount of heat exchange. Conduction is heat transferred directly from one object to another by physically touching. Convection is heat transferred by the movement of liquid molecules from warmer areas to cooler ones. HeatShift Technology™ pads utilize both conduction and convection to cool your laptop - and your lap!
When I first received the ThermaPAK HeatShift Cooling Pad, I noticed that it was a bit stiff. After use for a few days, it began to soften up a bit- most likely from absorbing all that laptop heat! Since using the HeatShift Cooling Pad, my computer has not shut off once. I can use my laptop for extended periods of time, and I feel no heat at all. I love that! I have taken the HeatShift Cooling Pad with me when I travel with my laptop and like that it is portable. I can either slip it in with my laptop in the carrying case or roll it up and stash it in a corner of my suitcase. Either way, it wakes up very little room. My favorite feature of the TermaPAK HeatsShift Cooling Pad? It saves my computer from an early death due to overheating too many times! This is most important to me.
I would recommend anyone who owns a laptop purchase a Thermapak Heatshift Laptop Cooler. It is a great, inexpensive product that is durable, portable and dependable. It is a must-own product for anyone who owns a laptop.
ThermaPAK offers the HeatShift Cooling Pad in the colors black, pink, or white (for MAC). You can also purchase it in either a 13", 15", or 17" size. Purchase yours by visiting the ThermaPAK website.
The great folks at ThermaPAK are offering the chance for one lucky living life one day at a time reader to win a ThermaPAK HeatShift Laptop Cooling Pad. Very cool, indeed.
How to Win
To enter, simply leave a comment telling me why you want to win a HeatShift Laptop Cooling Pad.
How to Score Bonus Entries
After you have completed the first required entry, you are eligible for bonus entries. Make sure you leave a separate comment for EACH entry. Each counts as one extra entry (unless noted otherwise).
1. For five extra entries, blog about this giveaway with a link back to living life one day at a time (http://colleenstearns.blogspot.com/) and ThermaPAK (be sure to post the url to your post here in a comment so I know where to find it).
2. Subscribe to my blog via email.
3. Click on the FOLLOW THIS BLOG link on my left sidebar and become a public follower of my blog via Google Friend Connect.
4. Leave me a comment on a non-giveaway post and then let me know where you commented.
5. For two extra entries, add my button to your blog- leave me a message with your blog address so I can check it out. :)
6. Follow living life one day at a time on Twitter AND Tweet about the giveaway. Leave the URL to the Tweet in your comment. You can tweet once a day, but remember to leave the URL to each tweet. You can tweet "I entered to win a ThermaPAK HeatShift Laptop Cooling Pad from @livelifereviews. You can too! http://tinyurl.com/2eopjox #giveaway " Make sure to leave a link to your twitter message in your comment. You can do this once a day. Please make sure to come back each day and leave another comment with your new twitter message link.
7. Add this giveaway to a Mr. Linky, Blog Carnival, Sweepstakes site, forum etc. Be sure to leave the url in a comment. (1 entry per submission)
Be sure to leave a separate comment for each entry. If you earned two or more entries for a specific item (such as #1, #5 and #6 above), be sure to leave me a comment for each of the entries you've earned.
*Enter by 11 pm (EST) on Friday, July 16, 2010.
One lucky commenter will be chosen at random and notified via email, so make sure you leave a valid email address in your comment. The winner will have 48 hours to respond to the email. If she or he does not respond within 48 hours, a new random winner will be chosen.
This giveaway is open only to US entries.
The product(s) provided for the review were sent to me free of charge from the company or the PR agency. The product(s) offered for the giveaway are free of charge, no purchase necessary. My opinions are my own and not by any means influenced by any other part.