Finding accessories to use in my long, thick hair has always been a challenge. I admit, I am a sucker for pretty clips, barrettes, bows, and hair bands. I will be in a store and something catches my eye, so I buy it, hoping that it will stay in my hair. All too often, I end up with buyer's remorse when that pretty little thing slips right out of my hair, pops open because my hair is too thick, or breaks when I try to clip it in my hair.
Another problem I have with hair accessories is that it seems to take a licensed hair dresser to be able to figure out how to get my hair to look as good as the picture on the packaging. I can't even figure out how to use a round brush in my hair without getting it stuck! Unfortunately, a lot of hair accessories end up in the trash when I get too frustrated trying to figure out how to use them.
Thanks to Flexi8, I no longer have that problem. Flexi8, invented by the creative genius, John Dorsey, is a flexible, beaded barrette. It not only looks stylish, it is simple to use and holds my mass of hair securely in place. What more could I ask for?
“The Flexi 8 is a completely unique, flexible barrette that holds thick, thin, curly, straight, fine and coarse hair. The Flexi 8 comes in a variety of sizes and hundreds of ever changing styles. Flexi 8 uses an ingenious patented locking mechanism to secure it in your hair. It’s such an attractive and unique accessory for your hair, once you try the Flexi 8, LOOK OUT! (you’re in love)”
I can honestly say that I am in love with Flexi8!
After looking at the How-To videos on the Flexi8 website, I now know how to create some great styles with my Flexi8. My favorite is the Tails-Up (shown in my photos here) and have found that the medium size clip is perfect for my thick hair. I tried the large clip first and found it to be too big for my hair. I would suggest you checking out the sizing video on the website in order to choose the perfect size(s) for your hair.
A big plus to the Flexi8 is that the pin is attached to the barrette. This is fantastic. This way, I can't lose it. Another great feature is the flexibility of the wire which allows the barrette to hold my hair in place securely.
This is one of the Flexi8s I intend to buy very soon. I love the dragonfly and the antique beadwork. SO pretty!
I really love Flexi8 barrettes! They keep my hair in place and look great too!
The Flexi8 is truly a must-have hair accessory for women! You can purchase one (or several) directly from the Flexi8 website.
Flexi8 is very generously giving away any TWO Flexi8s to one lucky living life one day at a time reader.
How to Enter
To enter, simply visit the Flexi8 website, browse the amazing selection of barrettes they offer, and in a post below tell me which two you will choose if you win. (Be sure to include your email address in your post!)
How to Score Bonus Entries
After you have completed the first required entry, you are eligible for bonus entries. Make sure you leave a separate comment for EACH entry. Each counts as one extra entry (unless noted otherwise).
1. For FIVE extra entries, blog about this giveaway with a link back to living life one day at a time (http://colleenstearns.blogspot.com/) and Flexi8 (be sure to post the url to your post here in a comment so I know where to find it).
2. Subscribe to my blog via email.
3. Click on the FOLLOW THIS BLOG link on my left sidebar and become a public follow of my blog via Google Friend Connect.
4. Leave me a comment on a non-giveaway post and then let me know where you commented.
5. For TWO extra entries, add my button to your blog- leave me a message with your blog address so I can check it out. :)
6. Follow living life one day at a time on Twitter AND Tweet about the giveaway. Leave the URL to the Tweet in your comment. You can tweet once a day, but remember to leave the URL to each tweet. You can tweet "Enter to win two beautiful Flexi8 barrettes from @livelifereviews and Flexi8 http://tinyurl.com/2895zvr #giveaway " Make sure to leave a link to your twitter message in your comment. You can do this once a day. Please make sure to come back each day and leave another comment with your new twitter message link.
7. Add this giveaway to a Mr. Linky, Blog Carnival, Sweepstakes site, forum etc. Be sure to leave a the url in a comment. (1 entry per submission)
Be sure to leave a separate comment for each entry. If you earned two or more entries for a specific item (such as #1, #5 and #6 above), be sure to leave me a comment for each of the entries you've earned.
*Enter by 9pm (EST) on Friday, June 25, 2010.
One lucky commenter will be chosen at random and notified via email, so make sure you leave a valid email address in your comment. The winner will have 48 hours to respond to the email. If she or he does not respond within 48 hours, a new random winner will be chosen.
This giveaway is open only to US and Canada entries.
There was no monetary compensation received for this review. I received the Flexi8 barretes for the purpose of completing this review. Receipt of this did not sway my opinion.