Ooooooooh yes! Summer has officially started for me! My last day of school was yesterday. I am super psyched to have the next couple of months to relax and enjoy my family. We have a few vacations planned that will be a great deal of fun too!
During the summer, we tend to be outside a lot- whether it be at the pool, in the backyard, at a park, at the baseball field, or on vacation. As much as I love the sun, I have super-sensitive eyes and MUST wear sunglasses to be comfortable when the sun is shining.
My sweet husband decided to buy me a pair of high-end (read- very expensive!) sunglasses, which although amazing, I managed to scratch up horribly when they fell off my head and onto the floor inside a car dealership. I had owned them only one day at that point.
Hey, I admit it. I am just not careful about sunglasses. I can't afford to wear expensive sunglasses. I would have to replace them far too often! Besides, I like to change sunglass styles almost as often as I change outfits. It's fun to do!
Recently I was asked to do a product review for Sunglass Warehouse. One look at their website, and I was hooked! Seriously. It is a sunglass lover's dream come true! There is a style to suit every preference- and every family member! At Sunglass Warehouse, you will find hundreds of style options for men, women and children, and the best part about shopping there is that everything is under twenty dollars.
I prefer oversized sunglasses, so I spent time browsing these in the women's sunglasses section of the website. I found several pair that immediately caught my eye. (Well, five, actually.) Knowing if I was happy with the quality I'd be back for more, I chose to review these oversized tortoise sunglasses (I love the tortoise color; it goes with everything!).
Now, I have to be honest here and admit that I was skeptical about the quality of these glasses. I mean, for only $13.56, how great could they really be? Could they give my eyes enough protection from the sun that I could see my sons on the baseball field without needing to squint?
When my sunglasses arrived in the mail, I was eager to try the out right away! Luck would have it that it was a rainy, overcast day. So, I took the time to first inspect the glasses indoors. The first thing I noticed, aside from how stylish they looked, is that they are very light. Even on my face, they are light and comfortable enough to almost forget that I am even wearing them.
The first test outdoors was a success as well! Some other teachers and I took our team of students to the soccer fields on the last day of school for a medley of games and activities. The sun was out and shining brightly, and my sunglasses worked to protect my eyes beautifully! One of the big plusses with these glasses is that they wrap around a bit to really shield the eyes from the sun. As far as comfort goes, they pass the test for me since I wore them for two and a half hours without any irritating rubbing on my face or back of my ears.
I will most definitely be stocking up on several more pairs of sunglasses for the summer! This oversized pair with fun details on the metal temples is definitely a pair I MUST own! Sunglass Warehouse offers some amazing styles at prices I simply cannot pass up!
My husband will be checking out the men's sunglasses as well. I found a few pairs that would look fantastic on him! With his face, just about anything- except large frames- look good on him! If he wasn't sure what style to buy, he could check out Sunglass Warehouse for tips on choosing sunglasses based on skin tones and on choosing sunglasses for your face shape. That's a fantastic feature!
Looking for kids' sunglasses? Sunglass Warehouse offers some adorable styles for the kids in your life. :)
The great folks at Sunglass Warehouse have very generously allowed me to give to one winner a $20 gift certificate or a sunglass of the winner's choice.
How to Enter
To enter, simply visit the Sunglass Warehouse website, browse the amazing selection of sunglasses they offer, and in a post below tell me which pair you will choose if you win. (Be sure to include your email address in your post!)
How to Score Bonus Entries
1. After you have completed the first required entry, you are eligible for bonus entries. Make sure you leave a separate comment for EACH entry. Each counts as one extra entry (unless noted otherwise).
2. For FIVE extra entries, blog about this giveaway with a link back to living life one day at a time (http://colleenstearns.blogspot.com/) and Sunglass Warehouse (be sure to post the url to your post here in a comment so I know where to find it).
3. Subscribe to my blog via email.
4. Click on the FOLLOW THIS BLOG link on my left sidebar. (Please note: Due to some recent changes with Blogger, those of you who already follow my blog will need to do so again. Thanks!)
5. Leave me a comment on a non-giveaway post and then let me know where you commented.
6. For TWO extra entries, add my button to your blog- leave me a message with your blog address so I can check it out. :)
7. Follow living life one day at a time and Sunglass Warehouse on Twitter AND Tweet about the giveaway. Leave the URL to the Tweet in your comment. You can tweet once a day, but remember to leave the URL to each tweet. You can tweet "Enter to win a $20 Gift certificate or a pair of sunglasses from @livelifereviews and @sunglasswarehse http://tinyurl.com/28esg7p #giveaway " Make sure to leave a link to your twitter message in your comment. You can do this once a day. Please make sure to come back each day and leave another comment with your new twitter message link.
8. Add this giveaway to a Mr. Linky, Blog Carnival, Sweepstakes site, forum etc. Be sure to leave a the url in a comment. (1 entry per submission)
Be sure to leave a separate comment for each entry. If you earned two or more entries for a specific item (such as #1, #5 and #6 above), be sure to leave me a comment for each of the entries you've earned.
*Enter by 9pm (EST) on Friday, June 25, 2010.
One lucky commenter will be chosen at random and notified via email, so make sure you leave a valid email address in your comment. The winner will have 48 hours to respond to the email. If she or he does not respond within 48 hours, a new random winner will be chosen.
This giveaway is open only to US and Canada entries.
There was no monetary compensation received for this review. I received a pair of sunglasses from Sunglass Warehouse for the purpose of completing this review. Receipt of this did not sway my opinion.