Oh my goodness gracious! I love a great hair product (must be the girly girl in me!)- whether it's a straightening iron, curling iron, blow dryer, shampoo, hair spray, etc. You name it. I love 'em all! Up until now, the only items I have had difficulty using are the round brush (gets stuck in my hair EVERY time!) and hot rollers. I can add a third product to that list now- the curling wand.
When I was contacted by Misikko to do a product review, I chose to work with the Corioliss Wand Ceramic Curling Iron 18mm. The uniqueness of the wand was what interested me. There is no clip to hold the hair in place, so I was quite curious how well it would curl my long, extremely thick, hair. I took it as a challenge.
Corioliss Wand Curling Iron features:
- Tourmaline infused ceramic barrel emits far infrared heat technology to lock in moisture.
- Fast heat up time and high temperature performance.
- Negative ion technology eliminates static resulting in hair that is soft, silky and shiny.
Professional 360 degrees swivel cord
- Clipless design. Not like the other traditional curling irons.
- 1 Year Warranty
Now, perhaps it was in all my extreme excitement about all the great goodies that Misikko sent to me, or perhaps it was out of pure laziness, but for whatever reason, I did not research HOW to use the iron. Nor did I pay attention to the warning label that the iron would be EXTREMELY hot, so the user needs to be responsible when working with the wand.
At any rate, I hastily plugged in the iron, slipped on the included glove, and within 30 seconds, I was ready to rock and roll.
Did I mention I should have paid attention to the warning label?
Fumbling with hair that I was attempting to wrap around the wand and becoming increasingly frustrated that I had no clue WHAT I was doing, I managed to get my hair tangled around the iron. Well, again, WITHOUT THINKING, I tugged a bit too hard on the iron and before I knew it, the iron ended up resting on my forearm. It didn't take me long to realize what I had done, but it was too late. A big ole blister immediately formed on my arm.
After a trip to Urgent Care, I received a diagnosis of third degree burn and was given instructions on how to care for it. Needless to say, I did not get to finish trying out the curling wand any more that day!
A few days later, I researched a bit about curling wand on the Internet and watched a few How-to videos as well. I realized what I was doing wrong and decided to give it another try.
I was MUCH more careful the second time, and even though I only managed to put a few curls in my hair due to the difficulty I was having with the burn, I was VERY impressed with the product! My hair curled in pretty spirals very easily. The curls never drooped at all the rest of the day! (Considering I had to go to a baseball game in very hot and humid weather, the fact that the curls held their shape is very impressive!)
I will absolutely keep this wand in my go-to basket of tools. I love the results, and with a little more practice, I think the curls will be even better! I am going to try for tighter curls next time.
After some initial mishaps (my fault, NOT the wand's fault), I can say that I do like the Corioliss Wand Ceramic Curling Iron and would recommend it without hesitation to you. (Just PLEASE heed the caution label!)
Misikko offers the Corioliss Wand Ceramic Curling Iron for the sale price of $99.99 (regular price is $130). There is also FREE SHIPPING- a great little bonus. :) Additionally, Misikko will send you this great Heat Proof Pouch FREE ($20 value) with your purchase.
Misikko has a great selection of the best hair dryers and professional hair straighteners as well! If I were in the market for a hair dryer, I would choose the T3 Tourmaline Overnight Hair Dryer Travel Size. I like the size- perfect for travel! Additionally, I would love to own the TurboIon Croc Black NanoTitanium Flat Iron 1.5", as I have read great things about it!
Misikko wants to offer one of my readers a chance to WIN a Corioliss Wand Ceramic Curling Iron. Very cool!
HOW TO ENTER:
To enter, simply visit the Misikko website, browse through all of the wonderful products they offer for sale, and then come back here and leave a comment telling me an additional product of theirs that you would add to your wish list.
HOW TO SCORE BONUS ENTRIES:
After you have completed the first required entry, you are eligible for bonus entries. Make sure you leave a separate comment for EACH entry. Each counts as one extra entry (unless noted otherwise).
1. For five extra entries, blog about this giveaway with a link back to living life one day at a time (http://colleenstearns.blogspot.com/) and Misikko (be sure to post the url to your post here in a comment so I know where to find it).
2. Subscribe to my blog via email.
3. Click on the FOLLOW THIS BLOG link on my left sidebar and become a public follower of my blog via Google Friend Connect.
4. Leave me a comment on a non-giveaway post and then let me know where you commented.
5. For two extra entries, add my button to your blog- leave me a message with your blog address so I can check it out. :)
6. Follow living life one day at a time and Misikko on Twitter AND Tweet about the giveaway. Leave the URL to the Tweet in your comment. You can tweet once a day, but remember to leave the URL to each tweet. You can tweet "I entered to win a Corioliss Wand Ceramic Curling Iron from @Misikko & @livelifereviews. You can too! http://tinyurl.com/3amxet6 #giveaway " Make sure to leave a link to your twitter message in your comment. You can do this once a day. Please make sure to come back each day and leave another comment with your new twitter message link.
7. Join Misikko Newsletter (3 extra entries)
8. Add this giveaway to a Mr. Linky, Blog Carnival, Sweepstakes site, forum etc. Be sure to leave the url in a comment. (1 entry per submission)
Be sure to leave a separate comment for each entry. If you earned two or more entries for a specific item (such as #1, #5 and #6 above), be sure to leave me a comment for each of the entries you've earned.
*Enter by 11 pm (EST) on Friday, July 16, 2010.
One lucky commenter will be chosen at random and notified via email, so make sure you leave a valid email address in your comment. The winner will have 48 hours to respond to the email. If she or he does not respond within 48 hours, a new random winner will be chosen.
This giveaway is open only to US and Canada entries.
There was no monetary compensation received for this review. I received a product from Misikko for the purpose of completing this review. Receipt of this did not sway my opinion.