I have come to really enjoy being a part of the Mom Central diaper pail test drive. Dealing with kitty litter has taken on a whole new meaning for me, and thanks to this test drive, I have no more yucky kitty litter smell in my house!
Smell containment is a very important feature of a diaper pail. This is the issue I will detail in this post.The Munchkin Arm and Hammer diaper pail is powered by odor eliminating baking soda. Once the lid is opened and the cat litter/diaper is pushed through the opening, the bag twists, sealing the odor. Then, as I close the lid, the Arm and Hammer powder drops down to further eliminate any odor. I liked how this particular pail kept the odors away, even after I removed the bag from the pail. To remove a full bag, I merely pull off the plastic ring and then fold it in half to seal it. Once sealed, I slide it through the hole and remove the bag through the front opening of the pail.
Munchkin Arm and Hammer Refill Bags
- Each pack contains 10 disposable refill bags total 30 bags that shut tight with a snap
- Just snap, seal and toss no cutting or tying knots in the bags
- Each bag holds up to 25 diapers
- Cost for Munchkin Arm & Hammer Diaper Pail Refill Bags, 3 Pack through Amazon- $20.97
The Playtex Diaper Genie II Elite pail has a Double-Lock design which seals in odor. It also has a five-layer refill with odor-barrier technology. According to the manufacturer, the Diaper Genie II Elite pail is the only pail with Ultra-Fresh Antimicrobial Protection built into the plastic to inhibit odor-causing bacteria. Once I step on the pedal to open the lid, I simply drop the kitty litter into the bag and shut the lid. To remove the bag inside, I use the internal childproof cutter, cut it off, and then tie the bag so it is ready to be used again.
Playtex Diaper Genie Refills
- Five-layer refill with odor-barrier technology
- Ultra-Fresh Antimicrobial Protection inhibits odor-causing bacteria
- Refills have a multi-layer film for the ultimate protection against odor
- Each refill can seal up to 180 diapers
- Cost for Diaper Genie II Refills - Pack of 3 through Amazon- $20.57
When it comes down to which pail contained that awful kitty litter smell the best, the Munchkin Arm and Hammer diaper pail is the winner hands-down! I love how I have absolutely zero kitty litter smell when using this system. I will most definitely keep using it and would recommend it to other as well.
Disclosure: I am a member of the Mom Central community and I wrote this review while participating in a Test Drive campaign by Mom Central, sponsored by Diaper Genie, and received a free Diaper Genie diaper pail and a free Munchkin Arm & Hammer diaper pail to facilitate my review.