In the past year, my computer hard drive has crashed TWICE. You'd think that after the first time, I would have learned to back up my photos and documents. Unfortunately, I did not. Twice I lost everything- photos of my boys, other family photos, articles I have written, and so much more. I am determined never to make that mistake again.
As one who knows fist hand the importance of backing up photos and files on your computer, I was thrilled to be given the opportunity to review the Seagate FreeAgent Go. Weighing in at less than one-half pound, the Seagate FreeAgent Go is a light, sleek device.
From the website:
The ultimate portable storage solution with the world’s first hard drive docking station for easy access to all your stuff. Sleek, ultra-thin design that’s as stylish as it is striking.
- Store photos, music, and other files
- Carry your data anywhere you want
- Sync data between computers
- Back up files using the optional dock
- Get a lot without carrying a lot. And look good while you do it.
- Available in a range of capacities, from 250GB to 1TB
- The thinnest portable drive available. Even the cables are compact
- Multiple colors to suit your style and let you tell one FreeAgent Go from the next
I was sent the Seagate FreeAgent Go 500GB external hard drive for review in a slick titanium silver color. Right away, I loved the tapered look of the unit- sleek and stylish. Another great aspect of the FreeAgent Go is mobility. Portability of this unit is a must for me, as I take my laptop with me nearly everywhere. With the FreeAgent Go, I am able to back up files and photos quickly. (You can bet I am not willing to take the risk of losing another photo of my children to a hard drive crash ever again!)
Speaking of backing up important photos and documents, another great feature of the FreeAgent Go is that it will automatically back-up my files for me in case I do forget to do so on my own. This feature is what really impressed me! I set the the Seagate Manager to sync certain folders every day at a particular time. If I wanted to, I could only have it perform an automatic back-up on certain days of the week. I could also choose to disable automatic back-up- something I am not about to do! :)
One very cool aspect to the Seagate FreeAgent Go 500GB hard drive is that is comes preloaded with the movie Star Trek. Once I registered the hard drive with Seagate, I was sent an activation code which allowed me to unlock the movie. Even cooler is that there are over 20 other preloaded movies on the hard drive which I can also activate for a small fee.
Seagate offers the Seagate FreeAgent Go with many different storage capacity options. As I mentioned, I was sent the 500 GB unit (on sale now through June 10 at Seagate for only $99.99!), but I can purchase a unit with anywhere from 250GB to 1 TB. Another fun option for this unit is that it is available in many different colors (I love the sky blue color.). Why not buy one which suits your style and personality?
You can purchase the Seagate FreeAgent Go 500GB with the preloaded Star Trek movie from the Seagate site for only $99 (until June 10). The regular price is $139.99! With Father's Day right around the corner, this would make a GREAT gift for Dad!
The great folks at Seagate have very generously allowed me to give away one 500GB FreeAgent Go ultra-portable drive with a free copy of Star Trek and one other movie (from the selection of 20 other titles).
How to Enter
To enter, simply share a story of your favorite movie-going or movie watching experience in a post below. (Be sure to include your email address in your post!)
How to Score Bonus Entries
After you have completed the first required entry, you are eligible for bonus entries. Make sure you leave a separate comment for EACH entry. Each counts as one extra entry (unless noted otherwise).
- For FIVE extra entries, blog about this giveaway with a link back to living life one day at a time (http://colleenstearns.blogspot.com/) and Seagate (be sure to post the url to your post here in a comment so I know where to find it).
- Subscribe to my blog via email.
- Click on the FOLLOW THIS BLOG link on my left sidebar. (Please note: Due to some recent changes with Blogger, those of you who already follow my blog will need to do so again. Thanks!)
- Leave me a comment on a non-giveaway post and then let me know where you commented.
- For TWO extra entries, add my button to your blog- leave me a message with your blog address so I can check it out. :)
- Follow living life one day at a time and Seagate on Twitter AND Tweet about the giveaway. Leave the URL to the Tweet in your comment. You can tweet once a day, but remember to leave the URL to each tweet. You can tweet "Enter to win a Seagate FreeAgent Go 500GB portable storage device from @livelifereviews and @Seagate http://tinyurl.com/294827o #giveaway " Make sure to leave a link to your twitter message in your comment. You can do this once a day. Please make sure to come back each day and leave another comment with your new twitter message link.
- Add this giveaway to a Mr. Linky, Blog Carnival, Sweepstakes site, forum etc. Be sure to leave a the url in a comment. (1 entry per submission)
Be sure to leave a separate comment for each entry. If you earned two or more entries for a specific item (such as #1, #5 and #6 above), be sure to leave me a comment for each of the entries you've earned.
*Enter by 9pm (EST) on Friday, June 25, 2010.
One lucky commenter will be chosen at random and notified via email, so make sure you leave a valid email address in your comment. The winner will have 48 hours to respond to the email. If she or he does not respond within 48 hours, a new random winner will be chosen.
This giveaway is open only to US entries.
There was no monetary compensation received for this review. I received the Seagate FreeAgent GO for the purpose of completing this review. Receipt of this did not sway my opinion.