On Monday I reviewed a great hair dryer that FHI Heat sent to me to review. Today, I will review the second product that FHI Heat sent to me- the FHI Heat Platform Nano Flat Iron.
If you read my Monday review, you’ll remember that I have problem hair. The great long length and fullness is all my hair has going for it. Otherwise, it is wavy, frizzy, and dull.
A few years back, I picked up a flat iron from a beauty supply store, and truth be told, it fried my hair. Sure, I was inexperienced. Yes, I put sections of hair through the iron seven or eight passes before it looked straight. The result was straight, but scorched, hair.
Even so, I continued to use that iron until the “ceramic” on the plates chipped away, and I found purple flakes all throughout my hair.
When FHI Heat sent me the Platform iron to review, I must admit, I was a little hesitant to try a flat iron on my hair again.
This time, I did my homework. I searched the internet for videos on the right way to use a flat iron on my hair, and once I was satisfied that I wouldn’t burn my hair, I plugged in the Platform.
Some first impressions:
- I loved the sleek look of the iron.
- I was fascinated that there was such a huge range (140 degrees to 450 degrees) on the temperature control setting. (I have found my hair straightens best somewhere between 360-400 degrees.)
- I was amazed that iron is so light in weight.
Would this iron be worth the $195 price tag? The true test was yet to come.
After ironing my hair the first time, I could not believe how shiny my hair has become! I’ve been using the iron for two weeks and have to tell you I am still thrilled with the way the Platform straightens my hair. My hair looks healthy- a big change from my former iron!
Because this iron is domed, I have been playing some with curling my ends under, flipping my ends up, and creating some big, bouncy curls with the Platform. The only thing I am struggling with is the big, bouncy curls. I burn my fingertips every time, and my curls don’t last more than 30 minutes. Any suggestions?
Here are some of the great things about the FHI Heat Platform Nano Iron:
- Adjustable Temperature: 140 to 450 Degrees F
- Ceramic Plate Size: 90mm x 26mm (3 1/2" x 1")
- Automatic Sense Recovery System: Quickly recovers heat to the ceramic plates
- Multi Functional Hair Styling Iron: Straightens, Curls, Flips, and capable of creating many different styles
- ON/OFF Switch with LED light
- Heat up time in seconds
- Efficient and cost effective to operate
- Swivel power cord: will never tangle
- Power Consumption only 58 Watts
- Self adjusting plate system
- Seals cuticle to lock in moisture and repel humidity with negative ions from Tourmaline
- Protects color and retards fading
- Eliminates Frizz
- Nano Silver, Nano Titanium, and Nano Titanium Oxide technology removes chemicals, bacteria and adds shine!
- 1 Year manufacturers warranty
Take a look at my attempt to show you some features of this great iron in this video (I apologize in advance for the rough video. I am still learning how to vlog. Currently, my wrist is still recovering from surgery, so this one was particularly difficult to master.):
I intend to work with the FHI Heat Platform Nano Flat Iron some more to see if I can figure out how to make better, longer-lasting curls. Even so, this is an iron I would purchase for myself.
The new technologically advanced FHI Heat products are available at fine hair salons and professional beauty retailers nationwide, via toll-free number at 877.FHI.HEAT (877.344.4328) and online at www.fhiheat.com. Products offered by FHI Heat include blow dryers, styling irons, curling irons, heat razors, heat-activated conditioners, styling clips, carbon combs,brushes and a chemical straightening system. For more information, please call 877.FHI.HEAT or visit the website www.fhiheat.com.
Disclaimer: The only compensation received for any review post, is a sample of product. Compensation never has a bearing on the outcome of a review. The opinions expressed herein are those of blog author only. Blog author never gets paid to post.