The next item I bring to you in the September Hair Tools and Products Features is the Barbar 2300 Ionic Charger Flat Iron.
The Barbar 2300 Ionic Charger 1½" Flat Iron can be used on WET or dry hair without burn or damage to the hair due to the ionic ventilation holes that seal in moisture.
- AC 50/60 HZ
- 40 Second heating time
- MCH ceramic heater
- Power output 80 Watts - 150 Watts
- Rated voltage: 100 Volts - 240 Volts
- Current 1.9 amp
- Digital LCD temperature
- 360° Swivel Cord
- Titanium Plate 25mm - 1½ inch
BARBAR products utilize cutting edge technology in order to bring the latest in hair tool innovations. BARBAR's variety of professional quality products cover all the hair needs in as gentle a manner as possible.
When my flat iron arrived from BARBAR, I was excited to give it a try on my hair right away. Immediately, I was impressed by the sleek look of it. The Barbar 2300 Ionic Charger is the first digital flat iron I have worked with.
Styling my hair with the Barbar 2300 Ionic Charger was as simple as plugging it, setting the temperature, and waiting for the iron to be hot enough to use. (Well, actually, I did struggle with the LCD temperature adjustment at first. The temperature is set to read in Celsius by default, and since I am not a math gal, I struggled a little with converting from Celsius to Fahrenheit. Once I spent a little bit of time reading the directions- yes, I know, I should have done that first- using the iron was a cinch.)
I have used this iron on dry hair and on damp, towel-dried hair. I was afraid that when using it on damp hair I would have to put my hair through several pass of the titanium plates. I also wondered if it would take the plates longer to reheat after each pass. Burning my hair was a concern as well. I needn't have worried because the iron worked beautifully with very little extra time needed to achieve beautiful, smooth, straight hair. I believe that the titanium plates are what do the trick.
Titanium is an exceptional conductor of heat. It maintains stability in ultra-high temperatures and allows for faster straightening, locking in the hair's own natural moisture.
Another feature I love with the Barbar 2300 Ionic Charger is the size of the plates. With 1 1/2 inch plates, I am able to work with bigger sections of hair, thereby cutting my styling time by as many as 8 minutes when compared to the irons with 1 inch plates. This is important to me, as all too often, I am running late for work and am in a hurry to get my hair done. On days I am really running behind, I can now skip throwing my hair into a ponytail and use the Barbar 2300 Ionic Charger to get shiny, sleek tresses.
I need to mention that my hair is usually difficult, as you may remember reading in another post. It doesn't seem to want to ever really hold a style. (Perhaps it's fighting back for all the Aqua Net I used in the 80s.) So, I was completely shocked that my hair was still straight nine hours after using the Barbar 2300 Ionic Charger. I was even more shocked when I woke up the next morning and still, my hair looked like I just finished straightening it. Wow! Really WOW!
I did use the Barbar 2300 Ionic Charger for curling my hair as well as straightening it. I apprised the swivel cord which made curling my hair easy- especially since I am using it left-handed for now.
My bottom-line: I really love this iron. I appreciate that I can use it on damp or dry hair. I am pleased with how soft and shiny my hair is after I use it, and I am thrilled with the wider plates.
Want to own a Barbar 2300 Ionic Charger 1 1/2 inch flat iron of your own? Well, you could splurge on yourself (Hey! You're worth it!) and purchase one for $165.00 from BARBAR. You could also enter the smokin' hot giveaway I am offering thanks to the great folks at BARBAR.
To enter to win the Barbar 2300 Ionic Charger 1 1/2 inch flat iron you MUST:
Head over to the BARBAR website and tell me another product of theirs you'd love to own. (This is your MAIN ENTRY. This step is mandatory before you can qualify for all the extra entries.) Important Note: Leave your e-mail address in your comment or your Blogger profile. This giveaway is open to residents of the USA.
Once you have completed that step, you are eligible for any and all of of these EXTRA ENTRIES (Be sure to leave a separate comment on this post for each extra entry):
- Follow my blog through Blogger.
- Subscribe by email to living life one day at a time (only verified subscriptions count).
- Already a subscriber? Leave me a separate comment on this post to let me know you’re already a subscriber and are interested in an extra entry for this giveaway.
- Subscribe to my RSS feed.
- Follow me on Twitter AND tweet about this giveaway. You can copy and paste the following tweet to make things easy: "RT please: @livelifereviews is giving away a Barbar 2300 Ionic Charger Flat Iron. Enter here: http://tinyurl.com/ma34y7" (Can be done once daily)
- Snag my button and place it on your blog. Leave me a link to the location of the button in the comments section of this post.
- Blog about this giveaway. Link back to this post and BARBAR. (Make sure you leave me a link to your blog entry.)
- Give this post a thumbs up on Stumble and/or fave me on Technorati. (Make sure to leave your Stumble or Technorati username or link for your entry to count.)
- Tell me how you found this giveaway.
- Add this giveaway to a Mister Linky, Contest Site, Forum, Facebook, Myspace, etc.
Winner will have 3 days to respond or a new winner will be chosen. Email must be in comment or available in profile.
Disclaimer: The only compensation received for any review post is a sample of product. Compensation never has a bearing on the outcome of a review. The opinions expressed herein are those of blog author only. Blog author never gets paid to post.